Bennett Indoor Facility
01/21/2008 6:26:34 PM
User
Well, key counties, sectionals and state indoor meets are all coming up over the next few weeks. Here's hoping that the facility and the NJSIAA are much more in tune with things then they were several weeks back during the Merli Invitational. Anyone prepared to take bets on whether they get things right this time?
Well, key counties, sectionals and state indoor meets are all coming up over the next few weeks. Here's hoping that the facility and the NJSIAA are much more in tune with things then they were several weeks back during the Merli Invitational. Anyone prepared to take bets on whether they get things right this time?
01/23/2008 8:41:51 PM
User
I've been to a few meets there since then, they've got it worked out. That first day of the Merli Invitational was rough.
I've been to a few meets there since then, they've got it worked out. That first day of the Merli Invitational was rough.
01/24/2008 1:23:15 PM
User
Does anyone know why the county championships aren't listed for this weekend on this website? My daughters said they have county championships Saturday (Ocean county) and a Frosh/novice meet Sunday, but there's nothing on this website about either one.
Does anyone know why the county championships aren't listed for this weekend on this website? My daughters said they have county championships Saturday (Ocean county) and a Frosh/novice meet Sunday, but there's nothing on this website about either one.
01/24/2008 3:39:17 PM
User
The facility website at www.bennettindoorcomplex.com has everything listed, incl. this weekend's Ocean County Championships. I hope you are right about them having worked things out....both days at Merli were a bust in great respect due to the administrative and officiating foibles. Good luck to your daughters this weekend.
The facility website at www.bennettindoorcomplex.com has everything listed, incl. this weekend's Ocean County Championships. I hope you are right about them having worked things out....both days at Merli were a bust in great respect due to the administrative and officiating foibles. Good luck to your daughters this weekend.
01/24/2008 6:10:29 PM
User
[quote=MFrye]I've been to a few meets there since then, they've got it worked out. That first day of the Merli Invitational was rough. [/quote] The crew at Bennett botched the lap count during the 3200 at The Olympic Conference meet on Sunday. Check the race results from Sunday 1/20. If is just infathomable that a state officiating crew cannot keep track of the lap count
MFrye wrote:

The crew at Bennett botched the lap count during the 3200 at The Olympic Conference meet on Sunday. Check the race results from Sunday 1/20. If is just infathomable that a state officiating crew cannot keep track of the lap count
01/24/2008 7:39:13 PM
User
I'm sorry to hear that. They botched a couple of the 3200 races at Merli too..and the administration also negated some top runners because "they weren't on the list." It would be nice if the NJSIAA would crackdown on officials who fail to perform their jobs at these events..if they are being paid, they ought to get it right. At Merli a couple of lapcounter officials were chatting away between themselves and others in the inner track and lost complete count of an 800M race...which frankly should be virtually impossible when all you are talking about is 4 laps in the first place!
I'm sorry to hear that. They botched a couple of the 3200 races at Merli too..and the administration also negated some top runners because "they weren't on the list." It would be nice if the NJSIAA would crackdown on officials who fail to perform their jobs at these events..if they are being paid, they ought to get it right. At Merli a couple of lapcounter officials were chatting away between themselves and others in the inner track and lost complete count of an 800M race...which frankly should be virtually impossible when all you are talking about is 4 laps in the first place!
01/24/2008 7:52:41 PM
User
I took a look at the results...I see what you mean in the boys 3200M. How the heck do you end up with more than half of the runners ending up with "No Time" recorded????
I took a look at the results...I see what you mean in the boys 3200M. How the heck do you end up with more than half of the runners ending up with "No Time" recorded????
01/25/2008 12:03:37 PM
User
[quote=kponrunning]The facility website at www.bennettindoorcomplex.com has everything listed, incl. this weekend's Ocean County Championships. I hope you are right about them having worked things out....both days at Merli were a bust in great respect due to the administrative and officiating foibles. Good luck to your daughters this weekend.[/quote] Thanks for the link, I was using the one that's linked from here, they have some (including the Merli) but nothing for this weekend. I'll check out the one you listed. This site is a great resource. (And thanks for the well wishes from up there!)
kponrunning wrote:

Thanks for the link, I was using the one that's linked from here, they have some (including the Merli) but nothing for this weekend. I'll check out the one you listed.

This site is a great resource.

(And thanks for the well wishes from up there!)
02/19/2008 10:48:14 PM
User
The NJSIAA pole vault meet for spectators was a joke. The only seating was clear across the venue or at the high jump area. For that they paid $7.00? I hope they do a better job this weekend.
The NJSIAA pole vault meet for spectators was a joke. The only seating was clear across the venue or at the high jump area. For that they paid $7.00? I hope they do a better job this weekend.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.